Students of architecture have to handle both precise as well as skillful layouts due to which they need the best device to carry out their plans. Looking for an ideal laptop to carry out architectural designs is like finding a portable workstation filled with power-driven software. Yes, you read it right. A perfect laptop for architecture students can be defined in terms of its good storage capacity, powerful battery life, and advanced processor for the least to expect. In case you are already tired of hunting for it, we tried to present the 9 best laptops for architecture students below.
- 1. Apple M1 Macbook Air
- 2. HP Omen 17 Laptop
- 3. HP Pavillion 17 Laptop
- 4. Razer Blade 17 Gaming Laptop
- 5. Acer Aspire 7 Laptop
- 6. New Dell XPS 15 9500 Touchscreen Laptop
- 7. Acer Concept D7
- 8. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
- 9. Apple Macbook Pro 2021 (Best Laptop for Architecture Students)
1. Apple M1 Macbook Air
The 13.3-inch display screen size Apple M1 Macbook Air was launched in 2020 and since then has stayed in demand. The retinal display is capable of sharing some unreal beauty experience with the users through its 2560*1600 resolution. For working on some architectural designs you will have precise control with its touchpad, having enough room for pinching, zooming in and out, and swiping. The confidentiality of the documents will be well maintained by enabling the fingerprint sensor and opening the password-protected documents.
The Apple MacBook Air M1 is one of the best laptop for architecture students, It can easily run all the software’s like, ActCAD, SketchUp, ArCADia BIM 12, etc.
- Storage is available: 256GB SSD storage and 8 GB of RAM.
- The Apple M1 chip makes it supercharged before use. Further, the M1 chip is integrated in the sense that it compacts the Neutral Engine, GPU, CPU, and I/O in a single mini chip.
- The 8-core CPU balances the high performance and intensive tasks. It also supports an 8-core GPU.
- The battery life is as durable as 18 hours (almost a day).
- Gives a fan and noise-free background to concentrate.
- The SSD can be expandable to up to 2TB.
Though there are only limited complaints about the performance and. The intricate design of the laptop. However, the only issue any architecture student may face is patiently waiting while sending your laptop to customer service. Yeah, a few early users have complained about their servicing.
2. HP Omen 17 Laptop
If you want a big-screen laptop for easy visualization then the Omen 17 Gaming Laptop will treat you well. The potential laptop is 17.3 inches full HD with a resolution of 1920*1080 display. The laptop runs with an operating system of Windows 10 Home and consists of an RGB Keyboard. It supports 11 Generation Intel core processor and NVidia GeForce RTX 3060 and comes with a dedicated card description.
Also Read:- best laptops for wow
- The storage is 512 GB hard disk size and the RAM size is 16 GB.
- The 17.3 inches display screen size has anti-glare and micro-edge display features.
- The speedy processor is 11th gen. with Intel Core i7 processor.
- Based on the mixed usage it arrives with six hour-long battery life.
- The connectivity mode is wifi 6 and with the blue tooth 5.0 combo.
If we compare the other brand laptop models then the price is quite high with only six hours long battery life. Besides that, the laptop touchpad fails to smoothly function after a few weeks of usage. Nonetheless, the battery life has been the basic disappointment for heavy-loading software.
3. HP Pavillion 17 Laptop
The HP pavilion laptop is great for students who are searching for an all-around laptop at an economical price. While the CPU is not extraordinary, the storage capacity it gives is beyond expectation, that is 2 TB of storage and 32 GB of RAM. It is also great for carrying outdoor places as it’s lighter than many other laptop models. But the battery life is something they should work on as it supports up to 5 hours of interruption-free working for the students.
Also Read:- Best laptops for Video editing
- It supports the windows 11 operating system with an Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor.
- The display size is 17.3 inches with 1920*1080 resolution.
- Arrives with an Intel iris Xe Graphics Processing Unit but is lighter in weight (5.25 lbs only).
- You can set up to 300 nits of brightness.
- High storage capacity with 32 GB RAM and 2 TB SSD capacity.
The battery life with merely 5 hours of durability is somewhere the HP Pavillion17 model lags for an architecture student. Other than that the screen resolution is also average. It also fails to offer a thunderbolt 4 port to the users.
4. Razer Blade 17 Gaming Laptop
The Razor Blade 17 Gaming Laptop runs with windows 11 chroma RGB and high storage capacity. With 17.3 inches screen display feature, the device works for up to 240 Hz QHD, 144 Hz UHD, or 360 Hz FHD high-resolution displays. The 12th gen 14 core intel CPUs empower it to multitask and create your innovation at ease. The card description is RTX 3080Ti and follows the Nvidia chipset brand. There is a total of 5 USB 3.0 ports on the laptop.
Also Check Out:- Best laptops for Drawing
- The RAM storage ranges between 16-32 GB depending on the laptop style you order.
- The RAM for the Graphics card sizes for 8 GB.
- There are 3 USB ports with up to 1 TB of flash memory size.
- It operates via the windows 11 Home operating system.
Customers complain about the cooling system as a bit noisy. Even the users have located the faulty nature of the USB ports and other accessories associated with the Razor Blade i7 Gaming Laptop. That’s why a considerable user size wants razor blades to emphasize Quality Control more than anything else.
5. Acer Aspire 7 Laptop
The gorgeous black exterior laptop has an improved Windows 10 Home operating system to rely on. While the Graphics coprocessor is of Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 but they follow a dedicated card description. They also work on the 9th gen. Intel core i5 core processor and the 2.4GHz Turbo Boost technology. Additional accessories include the backlit keyword and 802.11ac wifi wireless standard.
- The display resolution is 1280*729 pixels with a 15.6 display screen size.
- The hard drive storage size is 512 GB SSD and the RAM consists of 8 GB DDR4 capacity.
- The Acer aspire model supports the 8.5 battery life with 3.2 type C connector USB ports and HDMI spaces.
- It doesn’t come with an optical drive.
The Acer model has been criticized for its faulty hardware and error code along with its poor Bluetooth connectivity. So, they should work on their processor and hardware setups.
6. New Dell XPS 15 9500 Touchscreen Laptop
Dell XPS 15 9500 laptop is super thin to carry and is designed with carbon fiber palm rest features. It works on the tenth-generation Intel core i7 processor and built-in lid sensor. The exterior texture is light and arrives in the machines’ aluminum color. The screen size is 15.6 inches and operates with Windows 10 Pro operating system.
- The hard disk storage size is 1 TB and the RAM installed size comprises 16 GB of storage.
- There are 6 Intel processors for heavy performance.
- Follows NVidia GTX 1650Ti card description with 4 GB graphics memory size.
- Can be connected wirelessly using blue tooth and 802.11 ax
- It eliminates the invasion of harmful blue rays directly into your eyes with its integrated eye display technology.
- The laptop is designed with a gorilla glass 6 cornering, is damage resistant, and does not allow flex in the display.
The touchpad has been a major concern for the user so, that requires improvement for better customer responses.
7. Acer Concept D7
If you want a considerable big screen for practicing your architectural projects then Acer Concert D7 is a good go. Its display screen is about 15.6″ along with a 4K Ultra HD IPS resolution. The CPU it supports is GeForce RTX 2060 while running either in Windows 10Pro or the Home operating system.
- The storage capacity is 1 TB SSD and up to 16 GB RAM.
- Follows the intel core i7 CPU model and consists of a dedicated card description.
- The Nvidia GeForce design enables it to perform quality-wise along with maintaining the sleek classic look.
- The cooling system runs within 40db thus promoting a quiet work culture.
- The battery life is durable for 8 long hours and comes with a total of 3 3.0 USB ports.
The system works slows and often interrupts in the middle of working as per some users. Otherwise, the buyers are optimistic about the outer design and its video editing features.
8. Microsoft Surface Pro 8
The supremely gorgeous Microsoft Surface Pro8 arrives in two colors (will be given below). The size of each model ranges from 32 GB to 1 TB SSD for their memory along with the i5 or i7 Intel ® Evo Platform. The screen size of the surface pro 8 laptop is about 13 inches along with a max display resolution of 2880*1920 pixels. It follows the windows 11 operating system to run the internal tasks.
- It follows Intel iris Xe Graphics with the integrated card description.
- The wireless connectivity includes the 802.11 ax with 32 GB of RAM.
- It has a sleek and compact design along with complete functional backlit keys and rows.
- For more than eight hours of battery life, it comes with surface pro8 and slim pen 2 rechargeable surfaces.
Perhaps for the windows 11 operating system, the storage capacity is not enough. However, that’s not the only lacunae as many complained about the battery life of Microsoft surface pro8. Users are unsatisfied with the battery life of even less than four hours of operating in real.
9. Apple Macbook Pro 2021 (Best Laptop for Architecture Students)
The space gray Apple mac book pro laptop comes with 16 GB RAM and 512 GB of SSD storage. It arrives with an integrated card description and an M1 Pro graphics coprocessor. Sustaining for 17 long hours it also has an amazing 1080 p face time hd camera. As if not enough, the MacBook pro-2021 model does come with a thunderbolt, HDMI, SDXC, and headphone jack. You also can expect active support from Applecare+ with 24*7 priority access and accidental damage coverage.
- The model has taken a huge forward leap in terms of its GPU, CPU, and machine learning performance.
- The 32-core GPU gives thirteen times the speedier performance for up to 17 long hours.
- The 14″ display features liquid retina XDR visualization and an extreme dynamic contrast ratio.
- It has integrated card descriptions and a total of 3 2.0 USB ports.
- The wireless systems it supports are 802.12 axes and Bluetooth connectivities.
The cooling system is in default with the fan running constantly as per some customers. Many consumers also suggested better packaging which would protect the laptop hardware while shipped.
Given the above 9 best laptops for architecture students, it must be a tough call for you to decide on the appropriate one. However, the main areas you should focus on deciding on the best laptop are its storage capacity, lasting battery, good display resolution, robust CPU and processor, and of course the budget you can afford!